Author Topic: SCALE AVIATION MODELLER INTERNATIONAL  (Read 1298 times)

Wizzel

• Someday, you'll all be like me!
    • View Profile
SCALE AVIATION MODELLER INTERNATIONAL
« on: September 27, 2016, 10:40:05 AM »
A question for anyone who gets this magazine; - is this month's publication late or is the distribution agent who supplies my local paper shop just "mugging me off"?
I normally pop in to collect my copy on the 21st of the month (or the next working day thereafter) but after the proprietor made an enquiry on my behalf yesterday, I was told it wouldn't be in until Sep 29th!

How do you get yours and have you had it already this month?

Bigkev

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: SCALE AVIATION MODELLER INTERNATIONAL
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2016, 10:46:07 AM »
Hi Wizzel,
Yes I do same, and my local WH Smith said it wouldn't be until next week, ie This week.

One thing on magazine publications is that retailers do not normally receive any publications until the Wednesday of the week after the weekend. So if it isn't in your shop on the Saturday, there is no point looking again until Wednesday at earliest.

Hopefully it might be in tomorrow.......................

Bigkev
I hope my next is always better

Wizzel

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2016, 01:03:03 PM »
Many thanks for the reassurance Kev.  The reason I was getting nervous was that I've had trouble with the distributors before when I initially ordered the magazine. The first issue arrived fine but after that it just stopped coming.  Each time the paper shop called to chase it they got sold a yarn and so I got involved on their behalf as they had been having no end of problems trying to fullfill customers' orders.  Anyway, I can relax and stop drafting snotty emails in my head.

I know I can subscribe and have it delivered to my house, not to mention saving a few quid, but I think it is also important to keep these little family businesses running.

Bigkev

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2016, 08:18:02 PM »
Hi Wizzel,

Just for your info. The next issue of SAMI is due out tomorrow the 29th September 2016. It actually states it in the back of the next issue, Dohhh!

Bigkev
I hope my next is always better

Wizzel

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2016, 01:23:12 PM »
Aaaaaaaaaaah.  I only ever look at the pictures you see!

Many thanks Kev.  I've noted that for future reference and picked my copy up this morning.  They saw me coming and had both hands held out - one with the magazine in and the other for the money.