Author Topic: NEW UV glue system called 5 Second Fix  (Read 1790 times)

Flint Pete

NEW UV glue system called 5 Second Fix
« on: September 22, 2016, 07:52:53 PM »
This new UV Activated glue keeps popping up on my FB, it looks to good to be true if you see their video. Only sets when you shine the UV light on it then takes 5 seconds to set better than conventional super glue.

IS IT ANY GOOD? 

It has mixed reviews; mainly bad [/b] on YouTube but looks like it might be great for photo etched parts

http://www.yeabber.com/products/5-second-fix-uv-light-ultra-compound?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=Social+Adv&utm_campaign=5+FIX+-+Country%2APlacement+-+scale+-+posted+31%2F08+usd1&utm_content=Ad+19Desktop+Feed&variant=24208850113

« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 08:13:10 PM by Flint Pete »

Wizzel

• Someday, you'll all be like me!
    • View Profile
Re: NEW UV glue system called 5 Second Fix
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2016, 03:49:02 PM »
Hiya Flint Pete,

Thanks for the heads up on this.  Personally though, I am wary of getting too involved in the science of it all.  I have products I have used and am comfortable with so tend to stay with them (I avoided the temptation to put "stick with them"!!!).  It would take a fair bit to get me to try this out - presumably it would involve the expense of a UV lamp/bulb too.

I shall follow it from a distance and if I get some personal recommendations and see a convincible demo, may give it a go.

Cheers anyhow. 

Haddock

Re: NEW UV glue system called 5 Second Fix
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2016, 05:01:44 PM »
Looks promising but I'm yet to be convinced, however, look at the price, it would have to be amazing to warrant buying this stuff. I think I'll stick with my Boyes 50p per bottle superglue and Gator-grip thin blend plus a bit of patience.
Haddock.