[Hide Attachments]
P2024502.jpg P1020641.JPG IMG_20210515_173706.jpg P1235673.jpg

Models > Modelling Projects

Mirage F1CR

(1/3) > >>

Roger:
Hi Again,
on to the next project.  This time I am going to make a Mirage F1CR in 1/48 from the old ESCI kit which was kindly donated by Mr Snowden.  It looks to be a quick project as there are not too many parts, and I won't be going overboard on the detail.  First off to set the scene this is the kit that Mr S provided - note to anyone else thinking of suggesting a theme - it is much more likely to attract interest if you are providing the plastic!
PS -Bear with me if I haven't got the photo to work, we are going solo this time!

Roger:
So looking at the plastic bits, some immediate weak areas were the cockpit and gun ports.  The gun ports are easily sorted with some dremelling followed by superglue/talc to fill. The other gun port is filled in as the CR is the tactical recon version and carries a line scan radar in place of one of the guns,

Roger:
And finally for today, this is the solution to the cockpit.  At Telford I always admire the Neomega Resin on display on their stand, but they don't do anything for Albacores or Fireflies.  So this was my opportunity.  Once trimmed and assembled this is what you get- and a test fit indicates it will fit just fine.

That's it so far, few days off now and then we can look at some paint.
Bye for now
R

zak:
Great posting - well done.

Haddock:
Nice work. Just made me realize I'm getting lazy, must post more.
Haddock.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version