Author Topic: ModelZone Competition Day.  (Read 1677 times)

Bigkev

• Administrator
    • View Profile
ModelZone Competition Day.
« on: April 29, 2011, 06:47:31 AM »
Hi All,

Just like to say 'Thankyou' to Modelzone for looking after us so well on April 23rd 2011 (Easter Saturday), when we attended and took models along to enter the competition run by them and to do some modelling 'on site' for the public to see. I would also like to thank Andy, Cyril and Paul for making models on the day with me, as well as Adrian, Tony B, Mike, Phil for popping in and showing support.

I think from an entry level point of view the competition was a great success, I believe 18 people entered the competition, with a varied selection of kits entered, Aircraft, Tanks, Ships, Sci-Fi.

Steve and Adam, and all the others looked after us well, providing us with tables, chairs, power supply, unlimited coffee and a great spread at lunchtime of sandwiches, pies, crisps, quiche, orange juice. It was a very pleasant day, being with them and talking to them and getting ideas flowing. Adam is going to forward some pictures of the day to us when he gets time.

It was a pity the weather was 'So Good', unheard of at Easter normally, but it did take away some of the customers who would normally visit St Stephen's on a weekend. On a positive note, it did work quite well, sure there are lessons to be learnt, and in talking with the guys we were able to put some ideas into the equation for next time. (which may be later in year, October time?) 

My thanks to all concerned.

Bigkev
I hope my next is always better

Addz0009

Re: ModelZone Competition Day.
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2011, 07:28:23 PM »
Hi Guys,

Sorry for the late response, we have been very busy here at Modelzone. I firstly i would like to say a BIG thank you to everyone for attending and making the event a huge success. I would also like to thank all the entrants for their participation and i hope this will be one of many competitions to come.

It was good to finally put faces to names and to be able to swap ideas and general chit chat. I would also like to say a  special thank you to Big Kev for your help, support and ideas for future events.

Thanks again guys and i look forward to seeing you all soon.

Kind Regards
Adam

Photos are on the way