[Hide Attachments]
P1040659.JPG P1020430.JPG DSCF5934.JPG 54.JPG

Models > Modelling Projects

Boulton Paul P.100

<< < (3/7) > >>

cph64:
I set up in the garden today to grind out some resin in the cockpit area and also on the wings and still wore a mask. My neighbour thought it was an interesting setup. The next problem I have to overcome is marking and pining the wings, something I haven't done before so this is gonna be one helluva learning curve!!

zak:

--- Quote from: cph64 on September 29, 2021, 04:00:14 PM ---I set up in the garden today to grind out some resin in the cockpit area and also on the wings and still wore a mask. My neighbour thought it was an interesting setup. The next problem I have to overcome is marking and pining the wings, something I haven't done before so this is gonna be one helluva learning curve!!

--- End quote ---
Suprising that he even notice the mask - ha, ha.

MSea:
He must have thought you had been to the beauty saloon - hohohoho

chriswil42:

--- Quote from: MSea on September 29, 2021, 07:13:17 PM ---He must have thought you had been to the beauty saloon - hohohoho

--- End quote ---
Wirh drinks?

cph64:
I offered to polish his nails, but.......

I did a rough measure up of where the wings and rear wheels would be and marked up the inside of the fuselage halves. Blue Tack 'dams' were positioned and then then bb pellets were superglued into the halves followed by infilling with Blue Tack in an effort to prevent tailsitting. Undercoat was applied to the cockpit area whilst the superglue was setting. During this I realised I should have removed some of the resin in the rear fuselage yesterday whilst I had the drill out so that's a job for when the rain stops!!!
Another first tried on this model is replacing the main undercarriage legs with aluminium tube and brass rod as its apparent the resin ones supplied wouldn't carry the weight. The tubing has been dry fitted to check.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version