Author Topic: April Meeting- 8th April 2020 Cancelled due to Coronavirus  (Read 2203 times)

Bigkev

• Administrator
    • View Profile
April Meeting- 8th April 2020 Cancelled due to Coronavirus
« on: March 18, 2020, 07:39:52 AM »
Hi All,

As you are aware certain government guidelines are in place regarding group gatherings.

it is with deep regret that the committee have therefore decided that in the face of the current coronavirus epidemic, that it is in the best interest of all club members to CANCEL THE APRIL MEETING.

Everybody will be contacted via email where possible to advise them of this. If you know somebody who cannot receive the newsletter/email notification can you make a call to that person to keep them 'in the loop'

The committee will continue to look at the situation, and advise on future meetings as things develop. In the meantime, continue to keep modelling, and why not post your builds, or work in progress here???

Take care, keep well and keep safe,
Bigkev
I hope my next is always better

zak

• Grumpy by name and nature
    • View Profile
Re: April Meeting- 8th April 2020 Cancelled due to Coronavirus
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2020, 08:22:52 AM »
Thanks for the information Kevin.
I will just have to self isolate in my modelling room.
Grumpy by name and nature

MSea

• I'm sorry Dave I'm afraid I can't do that
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2020, 08:46:41 AM »
It will be interesting to see how many of the members look at this page !!!!!!!
MSea

Bigkev

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2020, 11:04:28 AM »
Only those who want to survive!
Bigkev

MSea

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2020, 11:47:48 AM »
I would say "survival of the fittest" but that would not include most of the club members - hohoho - keep safe and well.
MSea

cph64

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2020, 03:50:14 PM »
Hi, thanks for the update Kev/Martin. And to answer your query I've obviously looked at the website :p
I see Sword and Lance is cancelled but nothing re Northern yet.
I've still got to solve the problem of Adobe 6 not being compatible with my laptop so I can post the photos of my builds that I know you're all dying to see, lol.
Stay safe, happy modelling and try not to strangle the wife!!!
Chris

Bigkev

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2020, 09:18:42 PM »
Hi Chris,
Thanks for your post.
If we have any other info regarding club meetings, shows, etc we will post them here.
I have not forgotten about the info for you regarding 'Our Show' my focus has been elsewhere understandably.
Hope you can manage to post your builds/projects in due course, we need some 'fresh blood' on here.
Perhaps the current crisis might encourage other members to use the website to keep in touch whilst meetings are on hold for now.
Cheers,
Bigkev

PS. Keep safe and well, and keep modelling.....!!

Wizzel

• Someday, you'll all be like me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2020, 01:13:56 PM »
Afternoon all.

Sadly things have moved along rather quickly haven't they and I imagine more shows and events will follow including the IPMS UK AGM which is a shame as I didn't get chance to look round the museum last time as I used to work Saturdays.  Now I don't work weekends I am/was looking forward to that.

Anyway, now the University is shut and teaching has now move online face to face teaching, I am now working from home so have a nice set up in the front bedroom.

With the 2 working days travelling I save each week, I should get some modelling done as well as being able to keep up with things on here!  Look forward to hearing how you're all getting on.

MSea

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2020, 01:36:15 PM »
Good to have you back on line Wizz
MSea

Bigkev

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2020, 07:32:34 AM »
Afternoon all.

Sadly things have moved along rather quickly haven't they and I imagine more shows and events will follow including the IPMS UK AGM which is a shame as I didn't get chance to look round the museum last time as I used to work Saturdays.  Now I don't work weekends I am/was looking forward to that.

Anyway, now the University is shut and teaching has now move online face to face teaching, I am now working from home so have a nice set up in the front bedroom.

With the 2 working days travelling I save each week, I should get some modelling done as well as being able to keep up with things on here!  Look forward to hearing how you're all getting on.

Hi Wizzel,
Glad to hear from you.
Hope you can get some modelling done whilst at home during restrictions.
Keep well and share some stuff with us.
The website could become our virtual club meeting space during the crisis, I hope others start to post and keep in touch on here also.
Cheers,
Bigkev

PS. How is 'Sally' coming along?

Bob C

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2020, 12:13:45 PM »
Thanks for that Kevin, I don’t think there will be any shows before our own🙁. RAF Fairford has cancelled as well and that was mid July. One day I might find out how to post pictures on here. Keep safe and keep modelling.
Bob c

Wizzel

• Someday, you'll all be like me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2020, 04:08:36 PM »
Good to have a bit more time for the website - and eventually, some modelling.  Just getting settled in at home with work and the new routine!  Sally is a saga Kev.  That glazing is a real tinker to get right.  Lots of very small panels so it's a long and painful job to leave the foil on the glass without it moving.  I've lost a few panes and had to redo a couple of areas but I have time.  Lots of time.  I'm trying to get another project finished first which I will post maybe later tonight.

Keep smiling folks.

Bigkev

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2020, 04:40:29 PM »
Good to have a bit more time for the website - and eventually, some modelling.  Just getting settled in at home with work and the new routine!  Sally is a saga Kev.  That glazing is a real tinker to get right.  Lots of very small panels so it's a long and painful job to leave the foil on the glass without it moving.  I've lost a few panes and had to redo a couple of areas but I have time.  Lots of time.  I'm trying to get another project finished first which I will post maybe later tonight.

Keep smiling folks.

Hi Wizzel
Nice to hear from you.
Does the song,  'So Sally can wait' seem appropriate at the time.
Glad you have another project up your 'hopefully clean' sleeve
Cheers,
Bigkev