Author Topic: WW2 Zombie Apocalypse 1949  (Read 11917 times)

MSea

• I'm sorry Dave I'm afraid I can't do that
    • View Profile
WW2 Zombie Apocalypse 1949
« on: January 21, 2020, 09:58:01 AM »
Sat having a coffee and with a box of tissues and "man flu" - well really its only a runny nose, so thought I would do some planning for the next big model.
Again its not my fault -- (passing the buck onto the new Guideline magazine Fantasy Figures International - so any complaints get in touch with either David Grummitt or Paul Osborne - don't think I have used that one as an excuse before - hohoho ) The magazine is excellent and I have enjoyed ALL the articles in both issues and got lots of ideas and tips from them.
After reading Kenneth Childres article on the Zombie plague after WW2, decided to make a convoy vehicle. ( if you wish to know the full back story its on page 20 of the first issue )
First thing will it be a tank or a truck ??? get fed up with making tank tracks they drive me up the wall, I know you can get metal ones - but as a good Yorkshire Man I have to shout out the old Yorkshire saying "how much" so it will be a truck - think I still have an old WW2 ambulance in the stash in the loft.
Have been looking for some zombie figures, lots of resin ones and the only plastic ones I have found in 1/35 scale are Master Box set with 4 zombies and a young lady say on a motorbike ( you don't get the bike so might do this with her sat on a wall with the title of "out of the frying pan and into the fire" -- but I digress so will put this on the back burner for a while). Back to this model, think its out with the recycled figures from the Zulu War and another change for them also will use some WW2 tank riders.  Initial planing is to cut the ambulance down to just the cab and frame and then add 2 overhanging gun platforms either side  for quad machine guns and a plough at the front -- that the plan at the moment now off to find the ambulance.
MSea

MSea

• View Profile
Re: WW2 Zombie Apocalypse 1949
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2020, 10:51:05 AM »
Good news and bad news -- found the model its a very old Ukraine SDS model distributed by Czech Republic MAC -- no idea --- but I have had it for a very very long time don't even remember when I started it but it must be about 30 years ago.
First the body has not been attached so don't have to hack that off  Second must have been going to do it at rest loading patients into the back, because the doors are all glued shut and NO DRIVER in the cab.  Decided to gently remove the back panel ( well gently for an ex-engineer) and luckily it has come off and a bit of work and the seat is out as well.  Will use the driver from the  American jeep that is Vietnam model, used the Master Box driver for this so still have the Italeri one to play with. 
Off for more coffee and am having some other thoughts about the armament on the back of the truck !!!
MSea

Bigkev

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2020, 09:17:09 PM »
Hi Msea,
Another creation from the depths of your mind.
Zombies now, don't you get enough at club nights...…?
Bigkev

PS. Exclude myself, I'm not a Zombie, but, only a little estranged at times.....
I hope my next is always better

MSea

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2020, 08:09:43 PM »
I think we are ALL a little estranged at time Kevin.
A start made on the jig for the plough blade at the front
MSea

Bigkev

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2020, 07:25:20 AM »
Hi Msea,
Nice to see you 'ploughing ahead' as usual.
Bigkev
I hope my next is always better

MSea

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2020, 03:45:20 PM »
Again some reduced price figures from Monk Bar Models in York. They have all had the detail removed from the uniform and some legs removed and replaced at an angle. The strange  thing on the head is some melted sprue because the heads have no top section because they should have helmets fitted.
MSea

MSea

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2020, 09:09:58 AM »
Plough blade made from aluminium can and painted to look like recycled wing from a shot down German WW2 plane.
Strengthening bars made from the underside of the plane but looking at the photo, it needs some more paint removing then some blood splatter and dirt.
MSea

MSea

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2020, 10:25:00 AM »
A start made on the Russian quad machine guns - amazing what you can do with a plastic tube and coffee sticks
MSea

MSea

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2020, 04:32:06 PM »
Background for the zombie hord and truck, when they are finished --- so will have to get on with painting the building and road.
Now what colour do zombies like ????  who should I ask - hohoho
MSea

zak

• Grumpy by name and nature
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2020, 04:52:13 PM »
Background for the zombie hord and truck, when they are finished --- so will have to get on with painting the building and road.
Now what colour do zombies like ????  who should I ask - hohoho
Gringle green
Grumpy by name and nature

MSea

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2020, 07:23:01 PM »
Should I ask how you know what zombies like - hohoho
MSea

MSea

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2020, 09:20:07 PM »
Sorry Zak -- I have run out of Gringle Green, so its what it is.
Next lots of rubble, dust, broken glass,general rubbish and ZOMBIES.
MSea

zak

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2020, 07:17:52 AM »
Should I ask how you know what zombies like - hohoho
Maybe snot green as well.
I am a zombie expert!

MSea

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2020, 08:50:39 AM »
Is that " a zombie expert" or is that " a zombie" -- now what colour are your eyes, so I can paint one of the figures as YOU - hohoho
MSea

zak

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2020, 11:06:05 AM »
Is that " a zombie expert" or is that " a zombie" -- now what colour are your eyes, so I can paint one of the figures as YOU - hohoho
Blood Red!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!