DSC01916.jpg P1010086.jpg P1000846.JPG

Author Topic: FRENCH BATTLESHIP STRASBOURG IN 1:350 BY HOBBYBOSS  (Read 133 times)

MSea

• View Profile
Re: FRENCH BATTLESHIP STRASBOURG IN 1:350 BY HOBBYBOSS
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2019, 03:25:00 PM »
Watching this space !!!!

Haddock

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2019, 08:42:33 AM »
Keep watching!!

Haddock

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2019, 11:56:09 AM »
                                                                   Progress at last!
                                   Although the plastic detail is exquisite, there seem to be lots of errors, non insurmountable with some artistic licence.
                               The wood decks look nice but don't fit, lots if trimming to get a fit. The positions of some of the detail fitted to the decks will be governed by the wood, not the plastic but only I will know so does it matter?
                          The model has been primed with Tamiya light grey primer in a rattle can, I like this stuff, in spite of the pong which hangs about for days, it's dry enough to mask in 30 mins.
                       The hull colour is Vallejo game colour wolf grey, it looks a bit too blue to me but I'm not going to change it now.The foredeck is model-colour French mirage blue, lighter than deck blue, but it looks more to scale.
Boot topping is Tamiya Nato black and the antifouling is AK interactive anti fouling colour.
                           Just a few pics to give a flavour.
Haddock.

Haddock

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2019, 02:26:38 PM »
Some dry-fitting done ready to strip down and paint.
Quite a bit of work to get decent fits.
Note the sneaky ladders in the passageway, nearly forgot 'em.
Haddock.

kiwichappers

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2019, 11:00:06 AM »
Lovely work Tony. What is the detail that runs around the ship at the top of the hull sides?
Francis

Haddock

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2019, 02:53:45 PM »
It's the de-gausing  cable.
Haddock.

Haddock

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2019, 04:35:27 PM »
                   I was hoping to be painting the superstructure by now but a little voice said just check for assembly snags and traps for the unwary, glad I did, I could have ended up in trouble later on.
                    The aircraft handling crane was a swine, the brass could have been much easier to use if the hand-rails and ladders were in one piece, then folded to get the sides upright as is the usual case. The jib needed a brass rod pivot added as the plastic effort was just too small and fell through it's intended gap. The pulley is a generic item, could have done to be a bit longer to make the jib less upright but it's the longest I could find, another 2mm would have been ideal.
                     The yards were vey fiddly to get them to look right and make a strong joint, they're pinned with
0.5mm brass rod and secured with Araldite. Hopefully, they won't fall off when under load with rigging.
                    The launches are very nicely done, just needed the deck to hull joint filling and cleaning up. I've added some generic portholes.
                      All the pulling boats need is cleaning up before painting.
      Haddock.

« Last Edit: October 11, 2019, 04:37:32 PM by Haddock »

Bigkev

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2019, 10:10:56 AM »
Hi Haddock,
Marvellous stuff that.
Bigkev