Author Topic: Huddersfield Buys  (Read 1522 times)

otherworld79

Huddersfield Buys
« on: February 19, 2018, 01:05:10 AM »
A trip to a model show wouldn't be complete without the obligatory purchases, so here's a few pictures of mine. First up is my Pegasus Hobbies 1/24 scale spinosaurus, a return to my usual building genre this kit is solid soft plastic that comes in 9 pieces for the dinosaur, 6 pieces for the fish and 3 pieces for the base. Everything fitted together wonderfully with only a little bit of filler needed. All but the base and finer detail is airbrushed, that's only because I used a texture paint for the mud. Next up is yet another 1/72 scale revell u boat, this time a type VII C. Another great revell kit that goes together with no issues, a two piece hull and 3 piece deck with the option to make 6 variants of the type VII. I chose U68 myself. The kit came with two sprues of crew, which I all ready from my first 1/72 submarine, another bonus was a full set of Edward photo etch in the box, I opted out of using it even though it would have given more detail to the model I could do without the headache that comes with having to bend and shape bits of metal (some is only a couple of millimetres) without a table to work at or the bending tools, so rather than spoiling it, I left it off. So after all that waffle about the kits here's the pictures you all come here to see...

zak

• Grumpy by name and nature
    • View Profile
Re: Huddersfield Buys
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2018, 07:17:11 AM »
You are a fast worker, great stuff.
How many u boats can one man have?
Grumpy by name and nature

otherworld79

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2018, 11:19:11 AM »
I have four so far a type IX, VII and two 1/72 seahund two man subs. I'm hoping to get the other two revell kits throughout this year. It won't be a full wolf pack but as close as I can get without building an extension on the house.

zak

• Grumpy by name and nature
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2018, 12:07:49 PM »
I bought an etched brass bending tool - like you I find brass a challenge, and also one of those decaling trays.
Grumpy by name and nature