Author Topic: Bryza 1R  (Read 8781 times)

Roger

Bryza 1R
« on: January 11, 2018, 04:38:24 PM »
In the spirit of adventure I thought I would try this one next.  I keep seeing this aeroplane at airshows, and thought it looked interesting.

Definitely seems to be a "limited run" type of kit.  Plenty of nice detail, but a bit of flash and a few sink marks to deal with.

I even remembered to was the parts before starting - now that is progress.

Cheers for now,
Roger
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 04:58:22 PM by Roger »

Bigkev

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Brysza 1R
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2018, 08:16:05 PM »
Hi Roger,
Now that's a bit different..............
I like the WWII markings on this modern subject, I bet it will look really cool.
Cheers,
Bigkev
I hope my next is always better

Roger

Re: Bryza 1R
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2018, 05:11:23 PM »
Firstly, apologies for spelling Bryza wrong, I have now corrected it.  I understand it means 'Sea Breeze' in Polish.  The Bryza is a PZL built version of the Antonov An 28 used for maritime patrol.  The USAF also use a version for special operations, called the C145A, and it was one of these that was in the lead in the USAF anniversary display at Telford.  You can see it in the latest edition of Model Aeroplane International, along with a photo each of my Bronco, Adrian Morris' Argosy and BigKev's B-47.

Anyway, I digress!  While the cockpit is quite detailed, the rear cabins pretty bare.  Not much will be seen though - several of the windows are covered over on aircraft 1017.  To get the idea of what could be seen I covered these up with tape, and then added some basic detail that will should show up.  t only needs to be basic though because the windows are dome type, and so will distort quite a lot.

Ready for some paint in the morning,

Bye for now, Roger

Roger

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2018, 03:54:37 PM »
Here is the rest of the detail added to the inside.  I have blanked the windows off from the inside, as per photos of the original.  They will remain glazed on the outside.

I have also carefully sanded the cockpit etc to make sure that the fuselage will close up properly.

Paint next.

Toodle pip,

Roger

Bigkev

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2018, 09:02:21 PM »
Nice work Roger,
How will you paint the interior face of the blanked off windows?
Are they painted exterior or interior colours behind the glazed window?
Cheers,
Bigkev

Roger

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2018, 09:14:40 PM »
Hi Big Kev,
From the photos I have seen it appears the cabin is lined inside, and it is the back of this lining that you an see through the windows - i.e. for some of the windows there is no cut out in the lining.  The lining appears to be an off white colour on both sides.  There is a noticeable gap between the lining and the glazing, and a larger one on the port aft emergency exit, presumably because the door is thicker than the surrounding wall, something I have noticed on airliners.

Sorry I haven't explained that very well, but if you are interested, search google for "Bryza 1017", which is the one I am making, and you should see what I mean.  As it has been on the Airshow circuit for 14 years in this colour scheme there are loads of photos out there!

It helps on this kit that the glazing goes in from the outside, which should simplify painting the blanked off windows too.

Cheers
Roger

Bigkev

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2018, 03:17:42 PM »
Thanks Roger,
A nice explanation of the 'Glazed Issue'.
I'll check out the Bryza 1017 described for more clarity.
Cheers,
Bigkev

Roger

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2018, 12:32:11 PM »
No problem.

Interior finished, time to glaze and then join it all together.

Roger

Bigkev

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2018, 04:16:00 PM »
Hi Roger,
Looking all splendid and tidy.
Nice to see all that detail inside.
Cheers,
Bigkev

Roger

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2018, 07:14:52 PM »
It will be hard to see once assembled, but as a very wise man said, there is a very big difference between invisible and nearly invisible!

Roger

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2018, 12:02:29 PM »
Bit more progress.  Each wing when finished will be made up of 11 parts, unlike most fighter kits which have  1 for the bottom plus two upper parts.  Each tail unit is 8 parts when finished!

The cockpit photo shows some last minute alterations - looking at photos of Bryza 1017 I spotted two light blue oxygen (?) cylinders behind the pilots' seats, so made some and put them in.

Cheers,
Roger

zak

• Grumpy by name and nature
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2018, 01:09:51 PM »
The beauty is in the detail. Nicely done.
Grumpy by name and nature

bridlufc

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2018, 05:08:23 PM »
Good work Roger, I find aircraft that are away from the usual subjects very interesting.

Bridlufc

Roger

« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2018, 05:15:52 PM »
Some more progress - glued together rather than taped together!  The parts fit pretty well, but there have been a lot of sink marks to fill, so progress is fairly steady.
Roger

Bigkev

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2018, 07:04:14 PM »
Hi Roger,
Looking good so far,
Will you be adding some sparing to those 'long' wings, or do you think they will be okay?
Cheers,
Bigkev