Author Topic: Major Keith Caldwell  (Read 1465 times)

kiwichappers

• View Profile
Major Keith Caldwell
« on: March 27, 2018, 06:04:54 PM »
This is the SE5a D6864 Keith Caldwell flew for a time in September 1918 and is another project progressing at my usual glacial rate. Due to the hasty development of the SE5 there were a myriad of significant changes during its initial squadron deployment. It has taken time to research the most likely configuration of D6864. Fortunately the Eduard kit caters for all the major variations once I worked out what was needed. After just on a month I have declared the cockpit area finished as far as I'm prepared to go with it and am now planning out the rigging and painting program before assembling the fuselage, wings and undercarriage.

Bigkev

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Major Keith Caldwell
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2018, 07:05:48 PM »
Hi Francis,
That is a beauty of a model. That cockpit detail in that scale, simply stunning!
Love to see it when finished.
Cheers,
Bigkev
I hope my next is always better

zak

• Grumpy by name and nature
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2018, 07:15:42 AM »
Yes, really well detailed, nice modelling Francis.
Grumpy by name and nature

kiwichappers

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2018, 09:11:23 AM »
Thanks for the flattery gents.
I should point out the bottom picture is of the full size D6864 replica in Omaka Museum and depicts the moment just before Major Caldwell abandoned it. He survived muddied but relatively unharmed, returning to 74 squadron next day to continue flying.

It is not my completed model, that will be along later, probably much later if past form is followed.