Author Topic: HMS LORD NELSON in 1:350  (Read 15699 times)

bridlufc

Re: HMS LORD NELSON in 1:350
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2017, 11:10:23 PM »
Ever thought about producing a book showing your model ship building techniques Haddock?  I am sure there will be a market for it.

Bridlufc

MSea

• I'm sorry Dave I'm afraid I can't do that
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2017, 03:33:29 PM »
I will buy 2 so I would be twice as good as I am now (that should make me about 25% HS)
MSea

Haddock

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2017, 07:58:14 AM »
Ever thought about producing a book showing your model ship building techniques Haddock?  I am sure there will be a market for it.

Bridlufc
              It would probably cover half a sheet of A4 paper. I make it up as I go along, like we all do.
         Just remember, a big problem is usually lots if little problems joined together, just knock 'em down one at a time.
Haddock.

MSea

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2017, 10:05:11 AM »
Words of wisdom from the master !!!
MSea

Kiteman

« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2017, 04:54:59 AM »
Einstein said "Nothing in the universe is complicated, it is simply a series of simple things". ....The theory is sound, but the practice.........

Haddock

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2017, 06:01:35 PM »
                  Net shelves on both sides now folks. Net booms fitted on one side. The kit items weren't very nice hence the brass efforts. Whilst the booms were setting I managed to get some of the armament built so I thought I'd bung it all together just to see the effect.
                There is a bit of a problem with the net shelves. The support struts should be tucked underneath the shelf and make an angle of about 45deg, they're about 1mm too short to do this so they'll just have to dangle in space, probably won't be seen. There's 52 each side so I'm not going to chop 'em off and fit some more. Bit disappointing really.
Haddock.

Bigkev

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2017, 09:33:16 PM »
Looking Good........ as always!

Well done Mr 'Midas' Haddock!

Cheers,
Bigkev
I hope my next is always better

Wizzel

• Someday, you'll all be like me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2017, 07:37:34 AM »
I was surprised to see that turret on the side with a single gun in it.  Never thought about it before but it just looked "odd" to me - I always thought of ship's turrets having at least TWO guns.  Are you sure you're not doing a cheeky MSea on us and making a hybrid ship/tank thing out of 2 kits ;)   

Haddock

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2017, 08:31:40 AM »
Here's the proof. Nuff said.
Haddock.

MSea

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2017, 08:32:13 AM »
I was surprised to see that turret on the side with a single gun in it.  Never thought about it before but it just looked "odd" to me - I always thought of ship's turrets having at least TWO guns.  Are you sure you're not doing a cheeky MSea on us and making a hybrid ship/tank thing out of 2 kits ;)   

Haddock is 100% correct -- as always.
I don't understand your comment about me ???  I always make things that are 100% as seen and always follow the making instructions --- HoHoHo -- well in my head they are !!!!
MSea

Bigkev

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2017, 08:45:16 PM »
Is there an instruction leaflet for the idea's in your head, Msea??

I very much doubt it! You are one in a Million, or is that 100 Million??

One thing, there will never be another quite like you...............................at this point should I offer thanks?

Cheers,
Bigkev
I hope my next is always better

MSea

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2017, 08:52:26 AM »
Is there an instruction leaflet for the idea's in your head, Msea??

One thing, there will never be another quite like you...............................at this point should I offer thanks?
Bigkev

The inside of my head is a "top secret" only MI5 and MI6 and the Doctors know this - ???
I think not just you but the WHOLE WORLD should give thanks there is only one of me.
MSea

Wizzel

• Someday, you'll all be like me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2017, 03:15:54 PM »
Was there a reason for that middle turret having just the one gun?  On the plan, it looked to be the same size as the ones either side with the 2 guns.  Just curious that's all.

MSea

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2017, 03:55:09 PM »
Hi Wizzel she had 4 x 12inch guns ford and aft and the rest 9.2inch.
From my reading they wished for maximum number of large guns because they found at longer ranges the 6inch was not effective. They also had to keep the beam at 79ft 6inch so she could use existing docks. So the strange idea of double and single gun turrets.
During the design stage it was proposed she was fitted with 16 x 10inch guns but this put the beam up to 82ft - so was dropped. She would then have been the FIRST all big gun ship instead of the Dreadnought.
MSea

Haddock

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2017, 04:25:36 PM »
Was there a reason for that middle turret having just the one gun?  On the plan, it looked to be the same size as the ones either side with the 2 guns.  Just curious that's all.
The middle turret with the single gun is noticeably smaller, not very clear on the drawing.
Haddock.