Author Topic: More Trolls  (Read 2391 times)

otherworld79

More Trolls
« on: July 09, 2017, 01:15:15 PM »
Well after a long wait my trolls turned up in the post at the beginning of the week, I'd ordered them last month from a UK based company which should have meant they where in my hand after a couple of days. Well to cut a long story short last week I sent a message to them saying I wanted a refund as the models where a no show, the guy was very apologetic and as a way to make up for the delay he offered a discount on my next order, I told him I wouldn't be ordering again as my previous order had been the same for delays and excuses. After about 20 mins of no reply he messaged to say he would refund all my money and as a further apology he would still send out my order for free so that I would continue to order from them in the future. It's nice to know that some companies will go the extra mile to rectify their mistakes.

Wizzel

• Someday, you'll all be like me!
    • View Profile
Re: More Trolls
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2017, 08:51:32 AM »
I like these crazy guys.  Are they resin, plastic or what? and what paints do you use?

Kiteman

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2017, 04:44:25 PM »
Nice detail...I like it!

otherworld79

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2017, 07:22:38 PM »
Hi Wizzel they are resin and made by a company called Atlantis Miniatures they have quiet a range of fantasy figures (at least 15 different trolls). The casts are really well done very little clean up needed I'll add a picture of them from before I started work on them. I used citadel paints by games workshop a couple of the colours are mixed by me to get the shade I wanted for the bellies I mixed citadel ogryn camo with Vallejo Pale sand. The loin cloths are light rust oil paint, the metal balls and chains are dry brushed citadel leadbelcher and mig true metal gold (a waxed based paint) and finally the crystals are done with tamiya clear blue and red.

Bigkev

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2017, 08:35:32 PM »
Nice painting on those.
The paints used are interesting, a variety from different sources.
Cheers,
Bigkev
I hope my next is always better

Wizzel

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2017, 12:45:02 PM »
I think I'll get myself to one of those war gaming shops.  I have a couple of Citadel paints in my collection that I used to get the flame effect on my Churchill Crocodile and there are some good colours to be had.

zak

• Grumpy by name and nature
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2017, 01:40:35 PM »
Try Mighty Lancer Games, he has a shop in Bridlington and a web site.
He is also coming to our show.
https://www.mightylancergames.co.uk/
Grumpy by name and nature

Wizzel

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2017, 07:11:14 PM »
Cheers Zak.  as you may know, I do like my little dioramas - I try to put my model on something other than the table, even just a bit of card with grass sprinkled on it - and I have a lot of respect for the stuff the war gamers do.  There's some terrific tutorials on youtube.  I may well pay you and him a visit during your next tenure in Croppers.