Author Topic: The Clyde Room  (Read 1449 times)

bridlufc

The Clyde Room
« on: July 10, 2017, 11:56:33 PM »
For you modellers that enjoy a bit on  the 'dark side' there are some photos on Imodeler.com from, I am assuming, a museum or part of a maritime museum dedicated to the shipyards on the Clyde. The details from the person who posted the photos are a bit sketchy, maybe someone could enlighten me regarding 'The Clyde Room'?  The ship models on display are pretty impressive although some of the photos are a bit blurred.

Regards Bridlufc
« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 11:58:12 PM by bridlufc »

MSea

• I'm sorry Dave I'm afraid I can't do that
    • View Profile
Re: The Clyde Room
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2017, 08:29:54 AM »
Thanks for the info -- the last set says the Clyde Room is no more but some stuff at the Glasgow transport museum.
 Like lots of VERY GOOD MUSEUMS they have removed the interesting stuff to make the museum more child friendly ( I like kids but not a full one. )
Did the new design museum in London last time and they had done the same to this -- got to go with the flow -- WE OLDIES will not be going for ever and they NEED to get a new sort of people to keep the museums going in the future.
I am interested in what happens to the stuff they remove -- in Warwick I found a battle flag from the battle of Jutland in the crypt just stuffed into a corner -- did offer to remove it to my house and love and treasure it but they said NO.
MSea

Haddock

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2017, 11:26:23 AM »
            Got to agree with MSea here. Was in London a few weeks ago and went into the Science museum while my wife went to see Lady Di's dresses. All the fascinating stuff has gone, except for the aeronautical section, it's more like a play-park than a museum.
          Nice models though, thanks for that.
Haddock.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 11:30:32 AM by Haddock »

bridlufc

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2017, 08:58:09 PM »
Looking at some of the models of steamships I could be very tempted to go over to the 'dark side', some of them are quite stunning

Bridlufc

MSea

• I'm sorry Dave I'm afraid I can't do that
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2017, 09:05:36 PM »
Di it --Do it --- come to the "Dark Side" its great !!!!!!
MSea

Wizzel

• Someday, you'll all be like me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2017, 07:36:56 AM »
I remember being very disappointed when I went to the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum...There was nothing in it!    ;D (drum roll)