Author Topic: Walker bulldog  (Read 1933 times)

otherworld79

Walker bulldog
« on: June 23, 2017, 05:42:01 PM »
Well nearly a week late my 1/35 Tamiya walker bulldog has arrived just before lunch today. I opened the box and couldn't resist putting a few parts together, that was a mistake on my part as you will see from the pictures especially on a day with not a lot else to do, I'm now waiting for the decals to dry before adding the finishing touches. The whole build up to this stage has taken around an hour and a half of actual time spent on the kit interspersed with feeding the children, odd jobs around the house and regular coffee and cigarette breaks.

Kiteman

Re: Walker bulldog
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2017, 06:32:18 AM »
An hour and a half? Did the kit come in only two pieces?? You are as quick as Zak!

Haddock

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2017, 09:01:31 AM »
Have a go at a ship, It might slow you down a bit!
Nice work though.
Haddock.

otherworld79

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2017, 01:29:07 PM »
I'd say there was around 70/80 parts to it so not an overly complex kit also drying the acrylic paint with a hairdryer speeds things up no end. I have done a few ships including the 1/350 uss enterprise that took me a couple of weeks but only because the wife went into labour partway through the build. Most of that time was spent building and painting the tiny aircraft, I may redo it again though and take a bit more time over it as I was only just starting out in the hobby so it looks a bit rough around the edges and moving house really took its toll on the aerials and planes. 😊

bridlufc

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2017, 10:33:59 PM »
Aircraft carriers appeal to me but whether I come across one to build or save for my stash remains to be seen.

Bridlufc

otherworld79

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2017, 10:11:21 PM »
It was purely by chance that I picked up the 1/350 Enterprise when the model shop was up and running I had chance to go to the tamiya depot in Milton Keynes, after an hour or so with the rep getting the hard sell we where let loose in the warehouse I couldn't resist once I saw it it's a lot of kit for the price and I can't resist a big box when it comes to models. I'm glad I got it as it's a fantastic kit to build I hope to do it again soon aling with the new York and wasp but a bigger house will definitely be needed. If you do manage to find one you should definitely pick one up they make for a stunning addition to a collection.  :)