Author Topic: A wish list  (Read 3322 times)

bridlufc

A wish list
« on: June 01, 2017, 11:11:16 PM »
I would like to see a kit manufacturer run a model kit on the Russian transport aircraft, the An 225 Mryah in 1/144, that would be an impressive kit.  What would be on your wish list of kits that haven't been produced yet?
Any subject be it aircraft, auto, armour, maritime, sci-fi or figures the list is endless.

Bridlufc

Pen-Pusher

Re: A wish list
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2017, 12:38:48 PM »
A new Bristol Frieghter in 1/72. I have fond memories of a joy-ride in one (RNZAF) at Changi in Singapore. They adopted an entirely different 'persona' in their two-tone green and tan (Vietnam) style camouflage.

Haddock

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2017, 02:27:14 PM »
A British pre-dreadnought, 1:350 scale, in plastic.
Haddock.

Haddock

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2017, 11:11:50 AM »
Just to prove that dreams CAN come true.

HMS Lord Nelson, 1:350, plastic and a pre-dreadnought to boot. Last of the pre-dreadnoughts to be built.

Got it at North Shields.

Haddock.

Bigkev

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2017, 04:30:40 PM »
Hi Haddock,
I thought I saw you scuttling out with something 'big and interesting' under your arms.
And you thought nobody had noticed did you........................?
Does the good lady know, or has it 're-energized' in the modelling room without her knowing/seeing.
Cheers,
Bigkev
I hope my next is always better

bridlufc

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2017, 04:58:33 PM »
Haddocks a happy bunny then.

Bridlufc

Kiteman

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2017, 05:17:20 PM »
A Zeppelin Staaken in 1:48 please.

Roger

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2017, 06:12:54 PM »
My short list (for today, I reserve the right to change my mind!):
Vickers Armstrong Warwick in 1/72; Special Hobby perhaps.  A nice looking aeroplane in transport, ASR and Coastal Command versions.  846 were produced in total, so not a rare aeroplane, and with a local connection to where I used to live in Lincolnshire.
Aerospatiale Gazelle in 1/32; Revell perhaps.  I fancy this because it is a really cool looking aircraft with a huge range of attractive colour schemes, but needs to be in a large scale to be interesting.
Fairey IIIf in 1/32; definitely  by Wingnut Wings!  Although that would be a new era for them, the original Fairey III was a WW1 design I believe.
I'm sure someone will tell me that kits of all these already exist!
over to you, what does everyone else fancy and why?
Roger

MSea

• I'm sorry Dave I'm afraid I can't do that
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2017, 06:10:57 AM »
A collier in 1/350 scale to go with pre dreadnoughts. 
Seeing as it is not cost effective for manufactures to make as many ships as planes -- I think I will just have to put on my list lots of plastic and brass to scratch build. I have just got some winches from Starling Models so on with the collier- watch this space.
MSea

Haddock

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2017, 08:47:08 AM »
Trembling in anticipation.
Haddock.

zak

• Grumpy by name and nature
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2017, 02:25:32 PM »
I am waiting for Tamiya to produce a 1/16 scale WW1 tank - remote controlled, the Armortec one was too expensive for me.
The rumours need to become fact.
Grumpy by name and nature

bridlufc

« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2017, 10:16:58 PM »
The An 225 is a very impressive aircraft that ought to be produced for modellers in some form, the only available ones are by Herpa wings, which are die cast I believe, ready made so not much fun in that.  Thanks for all your replies and I hope If you haven't come across what you wish for, one day you will.

Bridlufc

bridlufc

« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2017, 10:49:00 PM »
I would like to see a Sukhoi  T50 PAK in 1/48, Hph do one but its a bit out of my price range

Bridlufc

Wizzel

• Someday, you'll all be like me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2017, 12:29:40 PM »
An "R" class destroyer so I could build HMS Rapid (pennant number H32) and the cargo ship SS Lulworth Hill.  Scale?  Probably 1/350 as that seems to be the 1/72 scale of the sea.

The reason I've picked these is that a friend and local author of mine wrote a book part of which is based on her grandfather's survival story.  Colin Armitage was a merchant seaman on SS Lulworth Hill and after it was torpedoed and sunk by an Italian submarine, he spent 50 days adrift in a lifeboat on the South Atlantic.  Of the dozen or so men who made it to the lifeboat, only him and one other survived and were picked up by HMS Rapid.  The book really captured my imagination and I'd like to build these for her.  The photograph on the front of the book was taken by a sailor on Rapid as it drew alongside the lifeboat to pick them up.  Amazing!

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/26760127-how-to-be-brave