Author Topic: Revell B-1B Lancer 1/72  (Read 1465 times)

bridlufc

Revell B-1B Lancer 1/72
« on: February 12, 2017, 06:02:12 PM »
This part built kit has been on the shelf of doom for a while, mainly because I became frustrated with it at the time. I thought it was time to do some of the part built kits in my stash so I pulled this one out in contrast with the Tu22.  There was a bit of filling and sanding done on it in the initial build as there were some fit issues with it, especially the canopy. The fit of the tailplane to the fuselage needs major surgery, fits where it touches doesn't come anywhere near what it should look like it is that bad.  The panel lines are raised on this one and quite a lot of detail has been lost due to sanding but I do happen to have another one in my stash so I can recreate the lost detail.

Bridlufc

Pen-Pusher

Re: Revell B-1B Lancer 1/72
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2017, 07:11:48 PM »
Was this the Revell/Monogram or the Airfix issue? I only ask as the panel lines are very different on both. If I remember correctly the R/M version was more accurate on detail but the Airfix on dimensions!

bridlufc

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2017, 08:50:05 PM »
Both kits are Revell/Monogram.

Bridlufc

bridlufc

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2017, 12:08:01 PM »
At last some after market stuff in 1/72, Barracuda Studios have just released a set of resin detail sets for this and the Airfix kit, 5 sets in all.  With trepidation I had a look, and very impressive they are too. The down side is the cost, over 100 US dollars for the lot, sigh!!!, problem is to do the kit justice all the sets would have to be used, so I am tempted, very tempted!!!