Author Topic: Revell Tu22 B Blinder  (Read 14709 times)

Wizzel

• Someday, you'll all be like me!
    • View Profile
Re: Revell Tu22 B Blinder
« Reply #45 on: March 18, 2017, 05:11:33 PM »
THAT is a very clean looking build and finish.  I do like how it's coming together!

Kiteman

« Reply #46 on: March 18, 2017, 06:00:07 PM »
Looking very smart indeed!

bridlufc

« Reply #47 on: April 09, 2017, 08:38:00 PM »
After having a bit of an hiatus I am  back to the work bench,  but to be honest I've lost me modelling mojo a little bit,  I think it's down to hitting problems with my builds, but it will be back no doubt.  Camouflage colours finished, engines fitted, just a bit of touching up underneath due to paint bleed and then it's on to the gloss varnish coat ready for the transfers and a bit of weathering.

bridlufc

« Reply #48 on: April 09, 2017, 09:42:09 PM »
It doesn't look as good in real life as it does on camera!!

Pen-Pusher

« Reply #49 on: April 09, 2017, 10:11:05 PM »
My wife says the same to me.... but actually, your Tu-22 will probably be a 'blinder' to everyone else as we're never happy with our builds.... not completely. I'm looking forward to seeing it as i have a Tu-26 trembling in its box as I write!!

bridlufc

« Reply #50 on: April 09, 2017, 10:40:59 PM »
My wife says the same to me.... but actually, your Tu-22 will probably be a 'blinder' to everyone else as we're never happy with our builds.... not completely. I'm looking forward to seeing it as i have a Tu-26 trembling in its box as I write!!
I have so many kits that are trembling in their boxes I just don't know where to begin, I think to myself I don't need anymore and then along comes another!!

bridlufc

« Reply #51 on: April 09, 2017, 10:56:30 PM »
I think I have gone to far around with the white on underneath the nose.
Bridlufc

Pen-Pusher

« Reply #52 on: April 10, 2017, 08:25:04 AM »
The 'white' paint covering the dielectric panel below the nose often appears to extend beyond the actual panel itself. We discussed this plane during a 'spue-evening' recently and 'Flint-Pete' (who is all knowledgeable in these things) provided several instances where different squadrons using the 'B' looked to have different 'sized' panels according to their paint schemes. Also, like all aircraft, schemes vary in their service life so I guess what we're doing is making a representation of one aircraft as it was on one day of it's service life?

Haddock

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 10, 2017, 04:13:19 PM »
I have so many kits that are trembling in their boxes I just don't know where to begin, I think to myself I don't need anymore and then along comes another!!
Funny how they just seem to fall into your bag when you're not looking, then make an appearance when you get home!!
Haddock.

bridlufc

« Reply #54 on: April 10, 2017, 04:57:03 PM »
Someone who we know but shall remain nameless has resorted to 'swapsies' with me to get new kits past his mrs because she won't allow him to buy anymore!!!

Bridlufc

bridlufc

« Reply #55 on: April 11, 2017, 08:09:07 PM »
Two coats of Humbrol clear varnish applied by airbrush, I must have dropped lucky with this bottle there's no white tint evident while it's drying. This stuff is slow drying so I will let it dry for a day or two before I start to apply the transfers and enhancing the panel lines.

Bridlufc

Kiteman

« Reply #56 on: April 12, 2017, 09:37:18 AM »
Looking very smart indeed :)

bridlufc

« Reply #57 on: April 30, 2017, 08:54:54 PM »
Panel lines picked out with Vallejo game colour black wash, the excess will be removed with isopropanol alcohol. The jury is out on this technique, some panel lines will show others won't, I'm not sure whether I should deepen the panel lines in the build  process because I think the amount of layers of paint and varnish lessen the depth of the panel lines somewhat.

Kiteman

« Reply #58 on: May 01, 2017, 09:49:29 AM »
Interesting technique, I will be looking closely at the result.

bridlufc

« Reply #59 on: May 01, 2017, 11:28:00 PM »
Kiteman, if you are going to try this technique read up on it first if you can, its not as easy as you would think. Its the gloss and acrylic combination that can be rather confusing.

Bridlufc