Author Topic: Lifes little mysteries.  (Read 2256 times)

Haddock

Lifes little mysteries.
« on: October 06, 2016, 05:01:29 PM »
        Just recently, it was mine and Mrs Haddock's 49th wedding anniversary, I thought a special day out would be in order. We went to York for the day, lunch at Gregg's ( we shared an egg and cress baguette ), bit of window shopping then fish and chips at Morrisons for tea.

When we arrived home, I noticed a blue box tucked down the side of the front door step, didn't take much notice really. When we got in there was a kit in a poly-bag shoved through the letter-box, obviously, the contents of the blue box.

Collected the box, put the kit in it and took them into the "model room". Then I checked my e-mails and answer-phone to see if there were any messages......... zilch.

It's a nice little kit of a K class submarine, they served in WW1, not very successfully. The scale is 1:350, there's even a dinky little etched brass fret.

No-one has owned up to it yet, so from whence it came I know not, methinks I may have a secret admirer, at my age, that could be exiting.

Haddock.

PS. Ignore the little chap in the photo, he's been watching me through the window, we're almost on first name terms now. Reminds me of Robert the Bruce and the spider. Robert the Bruce was a Scot of course.

Bigkev

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Lifes little mysteries.
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2016, 08:56:28 PM »
Hi Haddock,

Obviously somebody knows you like ships and submarines...............................

Could it be, a fellow member with a similar inkling?????

Bigkev
I hope my next is always better

zak

• Grumpy by name and nature
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2016, 07:09:44 AM »
My thoughts exactly.
Grumpy by name and nature

Haddock

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2016, 08:12:14 AM »
            Actually, I'm not all that fond of submarines, but I'm thinking that my little mate with eight legs could be of great assistance when it comes to rigging. But then it wouldn't be all my own work would it?
Haddock.

zak

• Grumpy by name and nature
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2016, 10:12:56 AM »
You are spinning a good yarn.
Grumpy by name and nature

Haddock

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2016, 10:32:32 AM »
              ear we go again.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 10:35:00 AM by Haddock »

Kiteman

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2016, 04:22:58 PM »
Yes, there is a web of intrigue with the mystery sub.

Haddock

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2016, 04:36:48 PM »
This'll teach me to keep my mouth shut, although I think I've spyder clue.
Haddock.

Kiteman

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2016, 01:30:15 PM »
Come on then Haddock...don`t keep us hanging on a thread!!

MSea

• I'm sorry Dave I'm afraid I can't do that
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2016, 10:51:08 AM »
        Just recently, it was mine and Mrs Haddock's 49th wedding anniversary, I thought a special day out would be in order. We went to York for the day, lunch at Gregg's ( we shared an egg and cress baguette ), bit of window shopping then fish and chips at Morrisons for tea.

You really know how to treat a girl to a good time don't you Haddock.
Thinking about your K type sub - if your "secret admirer" send you some more you could do the Battle of May Island in  January 1918 or if you only have one you could do the K13 sunk on the bottom with her "boiler room intake vents" still open.
JUST A THOUGHT !!!!!!
MSea