Author Topic: Shack Review (Prelim)  (Read 1132 times)

Pen-Pusher

Shack Review (Prelim)
« on: June 18, 2016, 11:48:51 AM »
Having had the chance to examine both these kits, I would voice the opinion as an ex-Wet Ops man that Revell have just 'pipped' Airfix with their version of the Shackleton - but there's only a gnat's (not Folland) hair in it. Airfix's kit is superb but with some small inaccuracies - I imagine because there were references made to both the original drawings and the Coventry based aircraft which was modified and back-engineered. These points I should stress are minimal and unless you're a perfectionist would not be noticed. Airfix's kit also contains much more internal detail for those who appreciate that but that detail again needs some further research. Revell's AEW is obviously the fore-runner of other variants Mk.I, Mk.II, Mk.III and T.4. and fit-wise, a little less precise than Airfix but detail is spot-on. In most shops there is only a couple of quid difference on price so best idea is to buy both....? Anyways, I'll be doing a 'build' review' in due course! Now that's exciting news isn't it?