Author Topic: KATANGA - Bush Wars Pt.3  (Read 5912 times)

MSea

• I'm sorry Dave I'm afraid I can't do that
    • View Profile
Re: KATANGA - Bush Wars Pt.3
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2020, 07:59:17 PM »
Don't you work by candle light then Zak, like the rest of the club members - hohoho
MSea

councilman

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2020, 03:17:45 PM »
Silver and white masked and the first of a couple of coats of the blue applied. The observant amongst you will have noticed that the port bulged window is missing. I wasn't happy with the way it was sitting so removed it to replace later. Not the best of photos due to failing light.
Looks good even if its fuzzy.
Andy

cph64

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2020, 03:48:34 PM »
Painting completed and touched up as necessary, washed with Flory Sand. The windscreen wiper was attached using Klear and the pitot Gorilla Glue Gel. Initially the sit of the a/c was tail high so I removed the nosewheel and put a lump of Blue Tack in the well before re-glueing. The bulged window took a lot of time due to careful trimming. Glue and Glaze were spread around the opening and I postioned it using a lump of blue tack on the end of a cocktail stick.
Completed as Avikat DH Dove serial KAT-19 (ex D 19, c/n number 04013) during August-September 1960. It was one of the Avimil Doves 'liberated' by their Belgian crews and flown to Katanga late August 1960. During an interim period it had no serial and the temporary Katanga national insignia were used, as modelled. The a/c was impounded by the UN in September 1961.
Since obtaining the kit I found out that A Model have released an injection one, so if anyone is thinking of building a Katangan Dove I have a spare set of decals and bulged side window.
I haven't made a silk purse out of a sow's ear but I think I've got a good carrier bag, lol!!!

zak

• Grumpy by name and nature
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2020, 04:06:37 PM »
A nice pair.
Grumpy by name and nature

councilman

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2020, 05:27:43 PM »
Nice weathering. They look good together.
Well done.
Andy
Andy

chriswil42

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2020, 01:04:29 PM »
Very good Chris. You made the Dove quite quickly considering it was resin. I find that resin kits and parts take a little longer.
Chris

cph64

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2020, 05:01:10 PM »
Thanks everyone. I learn a little more every time I go near resin. This one was certainly a labour of love!!!