Author Topic: The ups and downs of attending shows!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 2184 times)

zak

• Grumpy by name and nature
    • View Profile
The ups and downs of attending shows!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« on: February 18, 2013, 09:11:18 AM »
 :-\
Well, you see lots of nice modes, you can buy almost anything to do with modelling, you are with like minded people  (well you hope you are?), you may get fired up for your next project and so on.
I attended the Huddersfield Model Show with the club and had a great day, stoppedd for a meal on the way hope, great banter and so on.
No down sides then?
Well one or two, you may get damaged by a felllow modeller, you may not get on with some of the people, your models may suffer a little in transit.
Well most of these things did not affect me, then I got home and dropped a box on the way up stairs, the photographs will show you the rest, yes, it was the 1/48 Airfix landrovers and so on. B - - - - - !

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 09:12:52 AM by zak »
Grumpy by name and nature

Bigkev

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: The ups and downs of attending shows!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2013, 09:42:17 PM »
Hi Zak,

Oh, Bugger!, They looked so good on the table, never mind think of it like this they re-kitted themselves partially!. and like Steve Osbourne...................'We Can Rebuild Him'

For the next show, I have a steel chain linked glove,( for Butchering........and no not horses) you can borrow to stop those pesky drawing pins being thrust into delicate fingers, by wayward colleague.

Great Day out though!, I wonder if we will get invited again after jumping the que to pay, inadvertantly???

Bigkev

I hope my next is always better

bridlufc

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2013, 10:45:40 PM »
Hi all, I'm sure Kev was refering to Steve Austin, the Six Million Dollar man, but no matter. I empathise with you Dave, as your problem usually happens to me BEFORE I am able to display it at the model club table. Therefore it appears I have some way to go before I can display at any other model club meet.

Regards Tony

zak

• Grumpy by name and nature
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2013, 07:47:05 AM »
Forgot about the queue jumping, Oh well.
Thanks for the helpful suggestions.
Keep modelling.
Dave
Grumpy by name and nature

Bigkev

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2013, 08:50:16 PM »
Hi Bridlufc,

Yes, Steve Austin it was, got carried away in the excitement,

Osbourne?? isn't he the chap thats gonna rebuild the country!

I'm sticking to modelling from now on, no more wise cracks..........

Bigkev
I hope my next is always better

driffowl

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2013, 02:06:29 PM »
sorry to see that mate ,happened to me at my first show when i left a model on the car roof and we set off lol
i'm glad you see our queue jumping as inadvertent kev...as i remember it you just collared us all at the top of the stairs and frogmarched us down ...lol.......it was funny though and no real harm was done i really enjoyed the day and it gave me a lift so big thanks to everyone especially you <butterfingers>  8)

http://www.wimp.com/tiniestengine/   this is a link to a video i thought some of you might like to watch hope it works ok

geoff