Author Topic: Airfix Starter kits in Aldi  (Read 1932 times)

Wizzel

• Someday, you'll all be like me!
    • View Profile
Airfix Starter kits in Aldi
« on: November 07, 2020, 04:39:53 PM »
Hello all,

Just to let you know, Aldi are stocking 1/72 Airfix starter kits of the Messerschmitt Bf 1093E-3, Focke Wulf FW 190 A8, Hawker Hurricane Mk I and last and most certainly least (waits for a telling off from Bill) the Supermarine Spitfire Mk Ia.

They retail on the Airfix site at £9.99 each but Aldi are asking £4.99 for them - worth it just for the glue and paints!

I have no idea if they are new tool but a quick look at the instructions on the site show plenty of parts and detail so go and grab a load.

Bigkev

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Airfix Starter kits in Aldi
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2020, 04:45:39 PM »
Hi Wizzel,
Thanks for that. Gives a whole new meaning of 'shall we go shopping'. I can now nod in the right places.
Bigkev
I hope my next is always better

cph64

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2020, 05:11:17 PM »
Cheap booze and models all in one place, heaven!!!

Wizzel

• Someday, you'll all be like me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2020, 07:53:53 PM »
The one in Withernsea also had (I grabbed the last one) a Hunting Percival Jet Provost T.4 and the Mary Rose sailing ship thing.  I can confirm that they are new toolings as I go one of each last night and will be donating the brushes, paints and glue to our next show's make and take.

As it's my turn to be in at work this coming week - one week in, two weeks at home - and I pass a couple of other Aldis, I may pop in for my groceries and see if there are any other kits as there are some decent models in this range.

The paints are not on header cards as depicted on the Airfix site but stowed inside the boxes so I guess these are some promotional thing they are doing for Christmas.

Bigkev

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2020, 04:43:03 PM »
Hi All,
Just back from the weekly shop at Lidl in Driffield and they also have Airfix Starter Sets at £4.99
Noticed the selection they had were:-

1. Supermarine Spitfire
2. Hawker Hurricane
3. Messerschmitt Me-109
4. Cutty Sark

Resisted the temptation for myself, as I am trying to reduce the stash not add to it, but a cheap inexpensive starter set for a younger relative you want to entice into the hobby.

Cheers,
Bigkev
I hope my next is always better