Author Topic: Mick Bell Plans  (Read 1214 times)

cph64

• View Profile
Mick Bell Plans
« on: June 10, 2020, 01:14:44 PM »
Dating back to my time on the 'Dark Side' I still subscribe to 'Tankette', the Magazine of the Miniature Armoured Fighting Vehicle Association. In the latest issue is an article by Tom Bell telling of how he is starting to upload some of the 400 high quality technical drawings in 1/76 scale by his father, the late, Mick Bell. Released under the Creative Commons 4.0 Attribution license which makes them free to download at mickbellplans.com
Tom says the website is a work in progress and he will continue uploading and posting the pans in batches. I checked the website and those currently listed are from many countries including the UK, Australia, USA, France, Poland and the USSR, ranging from WW1 to modern. I've attached a photo of the page in Tankette but this is nowhere near as clear as the plans on the website. One bonus is it mentions scaling up i.e. to make 1/76 to 1/72 print off at 106% (something I would never have worked out!!!).
I can heartily recommend the site as not only does it cover AFVs but also vehicles used on airfields etc.

Bigkev

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Mick Bell Plans
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2020, 01:27:08 PM »
Hi Chris, thanks for the update. I will have a better look at the plans when I get back from work.
I am sure that some of the other guys will be interested.
Cheers
Bigkev
I hope my next is always better

zak

• Grumpy by name and nature
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2020, 01:54:52 PM »
I was aware of the plans online, I used several of the plans in the past.
I am also a member of MAFVA and have just sent them an article on Airfield vehicles.
Grumpy by name and nature

cph64

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2020, 12:45:23 PM »
Well done Dave. You'll have seen some of my builds on the Members Models page then?

zak

• Grumpy by name and nature
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2020, 01:35:25 PM »
I've only been a member for a couple of months.
Couldn't see any this month.
Grumpy by name and nature